- Provides highly detailed digital topographic maps for the Appalachian Trail, comparable to 1:24,000 scale USGS maps.
- Contains a fully routable trail from beginning to end, plus basic road coverage available as a reference.
- Includes national, state and local parks, forests, recreational and wildlife area boundaries.
- Contains detailed hydrographic features, including coastlines, lake and river shorelines, wetlands and perennial and seasonal streams.
- Includes searchable points of interest, such as geographic place names, campgrounds, scenic lookouts and picnic sites and businesses.
- Displays 3-D terrain shading and digital elevation model (DEM) shaded relief on compatible devices to help estimate terrain difficulty.
- Features Bureau of Land Management township, range and section information and USGS quad locations.
Features coverage of the Appalachian Trail, plus 10 mi (16 km) of extended coverage on each side of the trail.