Garmin Edge 1000 Factory Reset
There are a few instances in which it may be necessary to perform a master reset on the Edge. A master reset should be performed if the device is:
- Not functioning properly
- Needing to be restored to factory default settings1
- Not receiving a satellite signal
- To bring up language selection prompt if incorrect language text is displayed
- Unable to pair accessories2, such as heart rate monitor or speed/cadence sensor3
All settings, workouts and satellite data may be erased when resetting the GPS. Workouts can be backed up in Garmin Connect. If you wish to keep your personalized settings, you will need to backup your device.
To perform a master reset:
- Power device off
- Press and hold Lap and Start/Stop
- Power device on while still holding both buttons
- Continue holding buttons when Garmin "splash" screen appears
- Release buttons when Garmin "splash" screen disappears
The reset is successful if, once powered up, the device proceeds into the initial setup wizard. Once the reset and setup wizard are complete, place the device outside with a clear view of the sky for a minimum of 20 minutes to acquire satellite data.
1A User Data Clear (prompted) can be performed in order to remove user-entered information without removing history.
To perform a prompted User Data Clear on the Edge 510, 810, Touring or Touring Plus:
- Power device off
- Touch and hold finger in top-left corner of display
- Power device on while still maintaining pressure on display
- Release display when Reset all user settings? message appears
- Touch Yes (check mark)
To perform a prompted User Data Clear on the Edge 1000:
- Power device on
- Touch Setup menu (tools icon)
- Select System
- Scroll down to select Device Reset
- Select Factory Reset
- Select check mark (right) when prompted to Reset all user settings?
Clearing the user data will restore all of the device settings to the factory default values.
2Not available on the Edge Touring
3Not available on the Edge Touring Plus